The union representing District support staff such as custodians, aides, bus drivers and cafeteria workers – SEIU Local 99 – has announced a three-day strike beginning Tuesday, March 21 to Thursday, March 23. The union representing our teachers and other instructional and mental health staff –United Teachers Los Angeles (UTLA) – has advised their members to support their SEIU colleagues, which means teachers may not be available to provide classroom instruction.
If the strike moves forward as our labor partners have indicated, our campuses (listed below) will most likely be closed to students from March 21 to March 23:
- Abram Friedman Occupational Center
- Adult Education Virtual Academy (Aeva)
- East Los Angeles Occupational Center
- Evans Community Adult School
- Harbor Occupational Center
- Los Angeles Technology Center
- Maxine Waters Employment Preparation Center
- North Valley Occupational Center
- Slawson Southeast Occupational Center
- Venice Skills Center
- West Valley Occupational Center
We are working to prepare materials to make sure that student learning continues. Students at all of our campuses may complete activities in Schoology at dace.schoology.com, or using the online learning platforms available at bit.ly/daceonlinelearning. Also, with the exception of our Adult Education Virtual Academy (Aeva), paper learning packets are also available through your local Adult Education Campus. Please contact them, at the phone numbers above, for more details.
Also, for all of our Adult Education campuses, including the Adult Education Virtual Academy, please use the phone numbers above for device and password issues.